Monday, September 28, 2009

floors

Last week I decided to find out what lies beneath the linoleum in my and chris's kitchen. After about half an hour of slicing through seven layers of sticky icky linoleum that surely dates back to the 20s (not fashionably so) i was happy to find no tar, and plenty of pine. Most people would have had the forethought to dig in a less conspicuous place than the high traffic stretch before the sink... not me. Can i use baby brain this far into motherhood? probably not? then i won't. How cleverly I hid the newly found floor under the garbage can you see in the second photo, suggests that I've lost any sign of the stupidity caused by pregnancy. But nothing gets past Chris. Luckily history has quickly been rewritten to read that he, upon seeing the mess, thought the whole thing was very funny and sitcomishly quirky of me.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. This promises to be entertaining...popcorn will be perpetually on hand.

    ReplyDelete